Welder – Thin Gauge Specialist
The Welder will be an individual who is a Thin Gauge Aluminum Rock Star. They will have a mechanical aptitude and will be responsible for welding thin gauge aluminum parts using a variety of techniques, such as TIG and MIG Welding. The welder must also be skilled in the use of common hand tools and be able to read customer specifications and work orders.
The position requires attention to details, a sense of urgency, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and a commitment to service. She/he is expected to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills in meeting both business goals and customer satisfaction.
What you will be doing:
- Read and interpret blueprints, customers specifications, and welding process specifications
- Weld thin gauge aluminum parts using various welding techniques including TIG and MIG welding
- Inspect welds to ensure they meet quality standards and make necessary repairs
- Set up and operate welding equipment, including welding torches, gas cylinders, and filler rods
- Maintain welding equipment and tools
- Grinding and polishing of parts as needed
- General shop assistance as needed
What you bring along:
- Completion of welding program from a recognized trade school or technical institution
- TIG welding of thin gauge (.060”-.187”) Aluminum and Steel preferably in a job shop environment
- 5 year’s experience
- Have the ability to use fixtures and participate in design thereof
- Knowledge of welding safety protocols and standards
- Experience working in manufacturing environment a +plus.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to work in various work conditions and environments
What we promise-We take care of our people:
At Prismier, people are at the fore front of our success. Our culture is built around our core values. Our culture is what makes Prismier a rewarding and fun place to work. We firmly believe that the success of our employees and business is dependent upon upholding these values. We are champions of diversity, and we are always seeking new ways to wow our customers. These values are not just a plaque on the wall; they are at the cornerstone of everything we do. These values are as follows:
Who We Are
Prismier is SIMPLIFYING MANUFACTURING. We are a game changer in our industry and growing rapidly.
Prismier incorporates the latest technologies in the custom manufacturing industry. We are a global company that works with some of the largest organizations in the world. We make component parts and assemblies in everything from handheld electronics to aircraft.
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work for Prismier! Think you have what it takes to be part of a game changing organization, possess our core values, then please apply to be part of our team.
- Job Title: Welder
- Reports to: VP of Operations
- Job Location: Bolingbrook, IL
- Travel Required: 0%
- Benefits: Medical, Life Insurance, Dental, LTD, STD and LTD, 401(k)/Profit Sharing including a 3% Company Contribution, Vacation, Mental Health Days, Birthday PTO, Holidays and more!
- Type: Full Time (40+hrs/ week)
Prismier LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, religion, color, national origin, sex, age state as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability