Quality Assurance Specialist
Do you speak S.P.C.? How about eat pineapple with PPAP’s? Crave CPK’s? Are F.A.I.R.’s fun to you? Then this Quality Assurance Specialist position is perfect for you!
The QA Specialist must have a quality first mindset and be fanatical about upholding quality standards and ensuring the customer experience by supporting the entire quality team. You will build and maintain internal and external relationships and enter all quality data electronically and uphold customer quality objectives.
The successful candidate will perform assigned tasks in a well-organized and timely manner and may also be called upon to handle other quality related duties as required.
The position requires attention to details, a sense of urgency, ability to work in a fast-pace environment, and a commitment to service. She/he is expected to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills in meeting both business and customer satisfaction goals.
- Performs mechanical inspection to ensure all quality aspects of manufactured parts are met exactly.
- Inspections include but are not limited to raw materials, components, fabricated/machined manufactured parts & assemblies, first piece/first article, receiving/incoming inspection, in-process, & final inspection.
- Measures complex components, assemblies, and enclosures.
- Generates detailed inspection and nonconformance reports, as necessary.
- Checks documents for accuracy and compliance to specifications/requirements.
- Read and interpret information from engineering drawings, work orders, specifications, and other documents to generate a complete and precise inspection report/record.
- Audits Quality Control process/programs to ensure compliance to established standards.
- Thorough understanding and ability to create complete PPAP’s.
- Inspections could be internal or external i.e., source inspections.
- Interfaces with and provides support to other departments, suppliers, and customers on quality-related issues, as necessary.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Attain positive results and communication through team effort.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Develop inspection techniques and train Level 1 inspectors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of Quality assurance experience in a Manufacturing (fabricated, machined, molded, or assembled products) facility.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and sketches.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office™ Products
- Working knowledge of GD&T and how to interpret GD&T on customer prints.
- Detail orientated with outstanding organizational skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Customer-centric focus.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of ERP software (preferably Mie Trak™, Job Boss™, or similar)
- Knowledge of ISO-9001-2015 requirements
- Working knowledge of Quality software (preferably Uni-Point or similar)
At Prismier, people are at the fore front of our success. Our culture is built around our core values. We firmly believe that the success of our employees and business is dependent upon upholding these values. These values are not just a plaque on the wall; they are at the cornerstone of everything we do. These values are as follows:
Prismier is SIMPLIFYING MANUFACTURING. We are a game changer in our industry and growing rapidly.
Prismier incorporates the latest technologies in the custom manufacturing industry. We are a global company that works with some of the largest organizations in the world. We make component parts and assemblies in everything from handheld electronics to aircraft.
If you want to be part of a game changing organization, possess our core values, and have what it takes, please apply to be part of our team.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Specialist
Reports to: Sr. Director of Quality
Job Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Travel Required: 0%
Benefits: Medical, Life Insurance, Vision, Dental, LTD, 401(k)/Profit Sharing including a 3% Company Contribution, Vacation, and Holidays
Type: Full Time (40+hrs/ week)
Prismier LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, religion, color, national origin, sex, age state as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability.