Quality Assurance Specialist – Sheet Metal Fabrication
Are you a PPAP expert? Understand GD&T? CMM proficient? Humble, hungry, and smart? Then this Quality Assurance Specialist position is perfect for you!
The successful QA Specialist candidate must have a quality-first mindset and be serious about upholding quality standards, ensuring customer satisfaction, and supporting the quality and production team. You will demonstrate positive internal and external relationships. Finally, you will maintain a quality database with accurate and timely data input.
Additional skills required include attention to detail, a sense of urgency, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, a commitment to service, and exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills in meeting both business and customer satisfaction goals.
- Performs mechanical inspection of manufactured metal parts.
- Accurately measures and records critical dimensions.
- Inspections may include raw materials, assembly components, fabricated, machined, or manufactured parts & assemblies, first article, supplier-provided process inspection, in-process & final inspection.
- Accurately measures complex components, assemblies, and enclosures.
- Generates detailed inspection and nonconformance reports, as necessary.
- Check router documents for accuracy and compliance with customer specifications/requirements.
- Understand engineering drawings information, work orders, tolerance specifications, and other documents to generate a complete and precise inspection report/record.
- Ensures compliance to established quality standards.
- Accurately create complete PPAP’s.
- Interfaces with and provides support to other departments, suppliers, and customers on quality-related issues, as necessary.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Attain positive results and communication through a team effort.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Develop inspection techniques and train the Level 1 inspectors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, timely, and complete PPAP’s.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of Quality assurance experience in a Manufacturing – fabricated, machined, molded, or assembled products – facility.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and sketches.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office™ Products
- Interpretation knowledge of GD&T and their representation on customer prints.
- Must be detail orientated, customer-centric focus, strong organizational skills, multi-task, excellent written and verbal skills, with independent problem-solving capability, under minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of ERP software (preferably Mie Trak™, Job Boss™, or similar)
- Knowledge of ISO-9001-2015 requirements
- Working knowledge of Uni-Point or similar Quality software
At Prismier, people are at the forefront of our success. Our culture is built around our Core Values and our success and significant growth is dependent upon upholding our values. They’re not just a plaque on the wall; they are at the cornerstone of everything we do.
Our Core Values are:
- BE NICE!
- OWN IT!
- APPRECIATE YA!
- GROW ON!
Prismier is SIMPLIFYING MANUFACTURING™. We are a game-changer in our industry and growing rapidly.
Prismier incorporates the latest technologies in the custom manufacturing industry. We are a global company that works with some of the largest organizations in the world. We make component parts and assemblies in everything from handheld electronics to aircraft.
If you want to be part of a game-changing organization, possess our core values, and have what it takes, please apply to be part of our team.
- Job Title: Quality Assurance Specialist
- Reports to: Sr. Director of Quality
- Job Location: Bolingbrook, IL
- Travel Required: 0%
- Benefits: After 30 days; Medical, Life Insurance, Vision, Dental. After one year 401(k)/Profit Sharing including a 3% Company Contribution, as well as generous PTO and Holidays.
- Type: Full-Time day shift (40+hrs/ week)